jeudi 1 décembre 2011

Two beautiful weeks in South Africa !

Dear Mum,
I am for 2 weeks in this beautiful and amazing country. South Africa is not at all how I imagined it.
First, I have been surprised by the diversity of population. In fact, there are a lot of colours, cultures and langages in South Africa, even if the majority of people are black and speak English. I laughted when an habitant tall me that he spoke "zoulou" !
I am particulary admiring to see how this country has made success to be in peace and touristing like that, after all political and social problems it knew in the time of Apartheid.
I have to talk you about my visit of the Mapungubwe park : it was incredible, I saw wonderful landscapes and animals. At a moment a giraffe was only at one meter of me. I believed I could touch her !
I also went to Johannesburg, of course. I was a little bit afraid because this town is famous for its criminality, but it not arrived me nothing bad, don't worry mum. I visited Museum of Apartheid, very interesting, and the Mandela House, because I have always been admirating for this great man.
I ate some typical South African cooking : I liked it, even if they have the bad use to put a lot of caramel in all their dishes !
My holidays are soon finished, I am sad. I don't want to come back, because i love South Africa !
Love,
Marjolaine.


2 commentaires: